Apple watch to the rescue

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by RadioGaGa1984, Feb 10, 2016.

1. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Today the Apple Watch saved my day. I was at the car wash and vacuuming my car out. I then had to move over to the other side of the car. I unlocked the door from the driver side switch, but before I could get over to the other side wind came up and blew the door shut locking my keys and iPhone in the car. Thanks to the watch on my wrist I was able to make a call for AAA to come and unlock my vehicle.
    Why my car locks both doors when they shut I don't know.

2. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

That is so AWESOME!! Thanks for posting this.

3. von franklin macrumors regular

von franklin

4. RadioGaGa1984, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016

RadioGaGa1984 thread starter Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

It certainly was to me today. :)

5. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

Incredible. Perfect use case.

Be glad. My last car unlocked whenever I parked it. This is not so good in bad neighborhoods...

6. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

That is cool. I really want a current generation Hyundai Genesis because of its Apple Watch support. You can lock/unlock, start, and various car finder honk and flash functions. That is cool stuff.

7. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Good story and a perfect example of the usefulness. Read your owners manual - you can change how your car responds to locking doors - one or both, when to unlock, when to lock, etc. :)

8. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

I thought the Apple watch opened the door for you hahah

9. thinkpink1434 macrumors newbie

thinkpink1434

That's great! I didn't even think about that. I wish I would've had mine when I locked my phone and keys in the trunk. You'd be surprised how many people won't let you borrow their phones to make a phone call.

10. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

My iPhone could have done the same thing.

I've never struggled removing it from my pocket :D

11. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

Most women I would say carry their phones in their purse, so a Watch on the wrist is extremely useful. I'm going to assume OP is a woman and wasn't carrying her purse with her as she vacuumed.

12. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

Yep, that and both my wife and I accidentally leave our phones in the car all of the time, because we put them in the center console to hook up to the stereo.

13. RadioGaGa1984 thread starter Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Nope a guy here. I had sat the iPhone in the cup holder. I don't drive with the iPhone in my pocket.

14. nightcap965 macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

Great story. I'm almost never parted from my phone, but it's guaranteed I'm never parted from my left wrist. It's helped me catch a few important calls when my phone was still on my nightstand.

15. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

Actually come to think about it my husband doesn't either. He has it in his pocket the rest of the time but when he drives it sits on the center console near the shift or sometimes in the cup holder. Hadn't thought about that until you mentioned your use. Surprised more guys here didn't respond in kind.