Apple Watch Turning Off

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by GreenBadger, May 29, 2015.

1. GreenBadger macrumors newbie

Hello,

My wife has an Apple Watch Sport (Black Band) 38mm. She started wearing it last week. There have been two times now that she will look at her watch and it will be 'dead.' She can start it back up by touching the button next to the crown, but the grayed Apple logo comes up first. The other day, she noticed the battery percent was 10% when it started back up (It had not been fully charged). Just wondering if others are experiencing this, is it normal (an auto off feature??) or something else?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

2. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

That's not normal at all. It shouldn't be randomly shutting down.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Have both time this happened the watch be low on charge. The 10% is close to it going into the conserve mode.

It should not be shutting down as even low on battery it should go a couple of days with time only working.

4. jbizzybeetle macrumors regular

Happened to me yesterday, went into power reserve view of digital time. I thought maybe hadn't charged overnight so put back on charger when got home from work--only to see it reboot Apple logo and, once watch face available again, to find was 89 percent charged !?!

Someone in another thread indicated some quick twist of your wrist can result in a reboot.

I thought I'd call Apple, maybe ask for an OTA diagnostic.

5. stevenbeerbaum macrumors newbie

Hey, I have the same problem.
    The watch randomly turns off itself in the late evening or night. Battery was at 20-40%.
    This happened four times, three times after the 1.0.1 update.
    The second time this happened, the device did a reset and all apps were lost.

Yesterday I sat on my couch and wanted to open a contact, then the watch turned off. Battery was at about 20%. This was the first time I recognize it to really turn off.

I'm not sure what the problem is.

At First I thought, the Remote App is the problem, but it isn't. I think there is a problem with the calibration of the battery. I'm now going to try to discharge the battery as much as I can. Maybe I'm right.

6. lfqc macrumors newbie

Same issue here, I think it might be a software issue. will make an appointment at apple and try to figure this out as my wife has been experiencing similar issues. Both apple watches series 2 42mm

7. lwt3 macrumors newbie

It just happened to me today for the first time with the Nike+ Series 2 I received in late October. Unlike the above comments, this happened in the morning when my watch still had a 97% charge. It also wasn't in power-save mode; it was completely off. I couldn't see the time at all or use any functions. If I tapped the watch or pressed the crown or the dock button, nothing happened. I had to do a hard re-boot. Hopefully, this is just a one time thing. If not, I'll contact Apple, but I'll be interested in seeing how many other people have this issue.

8. pbird macrumors newbie

Happened to me also today. It was also almost fully charged. I have the Watch now for nearly two weeks. It rebooted itself twice before while I was using an app. This was the first time it shut itself completely off.

9. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

I've had the watch over a month, maybe two, it has done it to me twice in that time. Pushing the power button for a few seconds displays the shutoff screen, it would be easy enough for that to happen if you were bending your wrist or doing something weird. (Pushups for example)

10. gsucyclist macrumors regular

Mine doesn't turn off, it just keeps rebooting at random. That last time was a couple of days ago after I got done with a workout. I looked down and it was on the Apple logo. Hopefully the new updated fixes it