Apple Watch UK Repair - Where does it go?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dan-K, Jun 4, 2015.

1. dan-K macrumors regular

Hey Guys,

I had a few cosmetic issues with my watch out of the box so am currently in the process of returning it to Apple. Today I received the box to send it in and have sent it away.

Does anyone know where the replacement is sent from? The UPS package with the watch was destined for Lutterworth, although I'm not sure if it's actually inspected here or if it is then sent off abroad for inspection?

Thanks!

2. amermoose macrumors newbie

amermoose

I am curious, too. I sent my watch away 6 days ago and it is still on step 1 of 3 in the repair process on the Apple website (request, service, return). I am not sure if this means they have not received it yet. I was told it would take 3-5 days total, but that does not seem to be the case. I am in the USA, not UK, but USA to USA repair doesn't seem to be quick.

3. dan-K thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone who's done a UK repair/replacement for Apple Watch know how long the turn around is?

4. makotoisle macrumors 6502

I've not done a repair for the Apple Watch, but I did recently do one for a Beats Pill speaker that stopped playing sound. It went to Lutterworth as well.

Took bloody ages for them to sort it and after 2-weeks, they offered me a refund. I assume that had something to do with the recent recall and perhaps they knew it was coming.