Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I am about to place an order for the Apple Watch Ultra. I wanted to wait to see the watch in person, so went to the Apple Store last night, and tried it on and I must say I was surprised how nice it is in person. On the pics and video I just wasnt sure I liked the design

The shipping dates are early November, so anyone place their order and see shipping times earlier than the anticipated dates?

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
My original delivery date was toward the end of October. That changed to the middle of October but I don’t think that will hold up. Not really expecting it till the end of the month or even first of November. I’ve checked on line for my local Apple Store and they are showing no Ultras whatsoever no matter what band I select. I had ordered it with a trail loop band which seems to have been the least available ones being shipped.

My wife’s new 8 ordered with the sport loop band is showing preparing to ship. It had a delivery date of September 29 to October 6. They could possibly make that but I’m doubtful. They did place a temp charge on the credit card which should mean it’s close to being shipped. Again I think it was the sport loop band that caused the initial delay and then other issues must have occurred. Hopefully we’ll both have them by Christmas.

Reactions: C7 POWER

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
My original delivery date was toward the end of October. That changed to the middle of October but I don’t think that will hold up. Not really expecting it till the end of the month or even first of November. I’ve checked on line for my local Apple Store and they are showing no Ultras whatsoever no matter what band I select. I had ordered it with a trail loop band which seems to have been the least available ones being shipped.

My wife’s new 8 ordered with the sport loop band is showing preparing to ship. It had a delivery date of September 29 to October 6. They could possibly make that but I’m doubtful. They did place a temp charge on the credit card which should mean it’s close to being shipped. Again I think it was the sport loop band that caused the initial delay and then other issues must have occurred. Hopefully we’ll both have them by Christmas.
Yeah, Im not anticipating a earlier than week of 11/2 delivery as it seems the watch is selling very well, but thought Id ask haha.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
As I mentioned my wife’s is showing a delivery date of 9/29 - 10/6. We’re 4 days away from 10/6 and it hasn't even been shipped yet. So I wouldn’t expect any early surprises. Depending on your area.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
As I mentioned my wife’s is showing a delivery date of 9/29 - 10/6. We’re 4 days away from 10/6 and it hasn't even been shipped yet. So I wouldn’t expect any early surprises. Depending on your area.
Wonder if its like the iPhone where when we preorder, it does not show shipped on Apples site until the day before but with the UPS app I can always see it the whole week leading to it as it moves.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Wonder if its like the iPhone where when we preorder, it does not show shipped on Apples site until the day before but with the UPS app I can always see it the whole week leading to it as it moves.
That’s because UPS has taken possession of it and is holding until release day when stores and homes will get it. These, I believe, are coming by FedEx, and FedEx shows no upcoming deliveries for me. Neither does UPS. I think these are still overseas in some warehouse.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
That’s because UPS has taken possession of it and is holding until release day when stores and homes will get it. These, I believe, are coming by FedEx, and FedEx shows no upcoming deliveries for me. Neither does UPS. I think these are still overseas in some warehouse.
Yeah I have both the UPS and FED EX app that notifies me as soon as a label is created for my address, so yeah if neither of yours show it yet, shipping is going slower I guess. The Ultra I think has sold much better than Apple expected.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Yeah I have both the UPS and FED EX app that notifies me as soon as a label is created for my address, so yeah if neither of yours show it yet, shipping is going slower I guess. The Ultra I think has sold much better than Apple expected.
If you live near apple store, keep checking inventory as they do show up. I had the alpine and ocean, I didn't like the bands for both of them so I ended up returning those 2 Ultra's. I don't want to spend another $100 bucks for a separate band. I Just ordered the AW Ultra with the Black/Gray Trail band. But i'll keep checking the store near me, once they get those trail models in stock, I plan to order for in-store pick up and cancel the online order.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
If you live near apple store, keep checking inventory as they do show up. I had the alpine and ocean, I didn't like the bands for both of them so I ended up returning those 2 Ultra's. I don't want to spend another $100 bucks for a separate band. I Just ordered the AW Ultra with the Black/Gray Trail band. But i'll keep checking the store near me, once they get those trail models in stock, I plan to order for in-store pick up and cancel the online order.
Luckily I live in Charlotte so we have a Apple Store, I will keep checking each morning then.

Gsxr750

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2022
Check the Apple Store daily and even Best Buy. I was able to order one two days after release from Best Buy and got it 2 days later. Have seen them pop up in local Apple stores as well

rexhunt

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2013
I got a message just yesterday from Apple moving my ultra order delivery date up from Nov 11-16 to Nov 1-8

IT Provisor

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2022
California, USA
What's crazy is that, when I ordered my Ultra with White Ocean Band the day it was announced (towards the evening), it was available for delivery on September 23rd, and it stayed that way for the next few days, which surprised me as I thought it would've become more in demand WAY sooner, with shipping times slipping the same day. Now, it seems that EVERYBODY wants an Ultra!...

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Just placed order for Orange Alpine with delivery date November 16-23.

tmoerel

Suspended
Jan 24, 2008
I had mine for oct 7-14 delivery but then one turned up at a local shop here in Switzerland. Needless to say I cancelled my order and bought the local one :)

Greatniss

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2018
Ordered from Verizon on 9/23 with an eta of 12/16 lol so hopefully arrives sooner rather than on time.

Fiona FTW

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2022
Best Buy has certain configurations available for delivery this week. Also check Target - if you use their app they will send a notification when stock comes back, and it has been doing so frequently for the alpine and ocean bands.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
My original delivery window for my AWU with blue/gray trail loop was 10/20-27. Last week it updated to 10/17-24. Hoping it ships soon and I get it even earlier (but that is doubtful).

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Just checked the app earlier and it showed out of stock, then just checked again and the Ultra with the White Ocean band was in stock, so I grabbed it and will go tonight to pick it up. Cancelled the 11/2 delivery order :)

Reactions: papbot

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Just checked the app earlier and it showed out of stock, then just checked again and the Ultra with the White Ocean band was in stock, so I grabbed it and will go tonight to pick it up. Cancelled the 11/2 delivery order :)
Good job! My wife’s 8 all of a sudden is shown as being delivered tomorrow by UPS, I had thought the watches were coming by FedEx, but that may depend on the area. My Ultra still shows 10/14-10/21, not long now.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
The ultra with black/gray trail band that i placed on the weekend originally dated for 11/8 delivery and just today changed to 10/18 to 10/28 delivery so thats an improvement

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Guy at the Apple Store told me the one I snagged was the first Ultra they got since launch and I grabbed the only one they got lol. So I feel lucky. just picked it up

JWGold

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2017
United States
I walked into the Apple store on the original release date, September 23. They opened at 11 am. By 1115, I was walking out of the store with my Ultra.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I LOVE this watch!!

Attachments

• D35A6D6B-BCCF-4694-A5A7-256708B6634B.jpeg
    D35A6D6B-BCCF-4694-A5A7-256708B6634B.jpeg
    472.6 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: xxBlack

Texas26257

macrumors regular
May 22, 2016
I ordered mine via Verizon with an original shipping date of Nov 11 but my card just got charged again so I assume that means it about to ship

• Love
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.