Apple Watch unpairs from iPhone constantly

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by cchunk, Mar 11, 2016.

1. cchunk macrumors 6502

Hey guys, so my AW is giving me an issue where it disconnects from my iPhone basically every time my phone goes to "sleep". My phone is running 9.2.1 and watch is obviously up-to-date.

When i lock my phone, ill check my watch and it shows the red phone with the line so it disconnects. But as soon as I wake my phone, after about 2 seconds it shows the bluetooth icon blinking and repairs. This was a replacement from Apple but my watch before never had this issue.

I took it into the store and they ran diagnostics and it showed the watch was having some issues with bluetooth crashing but they said it wasn't hardware so they can't take it in unless it keep happening after i do the obvious repair watch, restore it as new and all that. Im just curious to see if anyone has had this issue before i go back to take it in. Very frustrating but I'm under warranty so I'm good. Thanks!

2. Shikaka macrumors regular

My personal AW is fine, but I just gave one as a gift and the recipient is having the same issue.

We're going to try toggling Bluetooth/Airplane mode first. If that doesn't work, then re-pair.

Keep us updated if you find a fix.

3. cchunk thread starter macrumors 6502

see the thing is it WILL reconnect when i wake up the iPhone. So even when i go airplane mode and off it will still have the issue whenever it goes to sleep. I've tried re-pairing and even setting it up as new. Might have to just take it in and get another replacement

4. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

When you say your phone is going to sleep, do you mean the screen goes blank? As far as I know, my phone never goes to sleep, but the screen goes dark after the specified time. (I do not consider a blank screen the same as sleeping) My PC screen goes blank after 5 min and goes to sleep after 15 min of inactivity.

I have had my Watch Sport for almost 4 months and the only time I see it disconnected is when I am running outside without my phone. The rest of the time it is either on BT or WiFi and always connected to my phone. In fact, I am often surprised how far I can be away from my phone and still see my Watch on BT.

TxWatch

5. Bigdog9586 macrumors regular

My wife s watch would not charge so Apple replaced it with a new one. That one would disconnect one or two times a day with only way it would reconnect was a reboot of watch. After a couple weeks of this happening everyday we got that one replaced. So far the latest one hasn't missed a beat. I say get it replaced under warranty.