Apple Watch Using Mobile Data

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by darrenpop, Apr 16, 2015.

1. darrenpop macrumors 6502

Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum, so apologies if this has already been mentioned. (I had a look and couldn't find anything).

The Apple Watch links to an iPhone using bluetooth tethering, if you have a contract with a network that cap, or limit the amount of tethering you are able to do, will this affect how much you are able to use the watch?

Pretty much all of the functionality i will use regularly will be the using the shared connection, and my network has a ridiculous rule down the lines of uncapped data, but a cap of 3GB for tethering.

2. SteveLV702 macrumors 6502

SteveLV702

Bluetooth doesn't use your Cellular Data so connection between Watch and Phone wont affect your data. Its between your phone and the cell carrier that affects your data and really wont use any more data as watch is just gonna get any notifications that you would have gotten on your phone anyway...

3. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

I really hope the next Apple Watch will have a built-in cellular chip.

4. Vanilla Face macrumors 6502

Why?

5. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Good idea, so AT&T can charge me another $10 a month for another device. Not to mention the toll on the battery life.

6. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

Why? Don't just make a suggestion. Explain why you would like to see that and what the negatives might be. I just wish people would stop just spouting without thinking something through.