Apple watch vs original Pebble?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ZoeLou, May 9, 2015.

1. ZoeLou macrumors member

Does anyone have an original pebble that they could do a side by side picture of the apple watch with? (preferably the 38mm as that's what I've ordered, but either will do)

My original pebble is a little big on me so I'm hoping the 38mm will be a good fit.

Anyone else go from an original pebble to the AW?

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I have a Kickstarter edition Pebble. I won't get my :apple: Watch until July, but I did compare my Pebble to the 42MM :apple: Watch in an Apple Store. It was about the same size. I think the Pebble is 40MM so it is slightly larger than the 38MM and slightly smaller than the 42. I hope this helps.

3. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

This was during my try-on 3 weeks ago. I'm almost sure the Aluminum Sport white band was a 38mm. The Space Gray was 42mm. Hope this helps.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431223183.130869.jpg

The Pebble is bigger than the 42mm.

4. ZoeLou thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys! I was just trying to gauge how much smaller the 38mm is going to be so I don't freak out when I see it.

5. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I have the original pebble and a 38 mm stainless steel Apple Watch. The Apple Watch looks much smaller than the pebble however, the actual screen on the Apple Watch is larger than the screen on the pebble.

It's not much larger. In fact, they look like they are about the same. But if you look at the specs, you can see that the Apple Watch screen has slightly larger dimensions.

6. cschmelz macrumors 6502

First off I am SOOOO glad to be rid of my Pebble. The screen and overall software elegance of the Apple Watch blows the Pebble out of the water!

I do not find my 42mm Apple Watch/sports band to feel significantly bigger/heavier/more obtrusive than the Pebble, but it is a lot more functional!

7. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I like my Apple Watch but I do kind of miss my Pebble. I like how it was always on so I didn't have to turn my wrist to see the time. If I had my arms crossed I could just look down. Also, I miss how on the Pebble you could program the up/down buttons to do whatever you want when you did a long press. I programmed my up button to be a stopwatch for the gym and the down button for Evernote to see my grocery list. Then there's the endless watch face customization. I had so much fun perusing all the thousands of watch faces. I got into periods where I picked a new watch face every night for the next day. Finally, the Pebble looked great in the direct sunlight, in fact, that's when it looks best. So when you're driving in your car and your arm is in the sunshine or out running in the afternoon the screen looked awesome.

But after experiencing the retina screen on my Apple Watch, I don't think I could ever go back. Plus, it always bothered me how large the Pebble was. It's over 50mm and I got sick of how large it was. It's one of the reasons I chose the 38mm Apple Watch. I just wanted a normal Timex sized watch that wasn't so obviously a gadget.