Apple watch warranty UK

shah1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Hi,

Just want to know if an Apple watch purchased directly from Apple is covered for 1 or 2years under EU law? Believe it's 2yrs on the iPhones but not too sure with the watches.

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
Hi,

Just want to know if an Apple watch purchased directly from Apple is covered for 1 or 2years under EU law? Believe it's 2yrs on the iPhones but not too sure with the watches.
Yep. Should be 2 years on everything.

shah1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Yep. Should be 2 years on everything.
But when checking serial numbers, its coming back as warranty expired. If I was to have an issue in the future and providing its within the 2yr period, do I just book an appointment as normal or is there some explaining to do around the EU warranty etc?

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
But when checking serial numbers, its coming back as warranty expired. If I was to have an issue in the future and providing its within the 2yr period, do I just book an appointment as normal or is there some explaining to do around the EU warranty etc?
It will say expired after 1 year. Book an appointment and mention the eu law when you go. They even mentioned it me the once when I bought something.

Reactions: shah1

shah1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
It will say expired after 1 year. Book an appointment and mention the eu law when you go. They even mentioned it me the once when I bought something.
Nice one for that. Just picked up a used AW S3 SS in black.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.