Apple Watch weather complication always wrong

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Rob198600, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Rob198600 macrumors newbie

Rob198600

Hey all,

I have a series 2 with the latest update but for some reason the stock weather complication always displays the wrong high/low temperature. However if I open the weather app on the phone the high/low temps are correct, they just don't seem to get through to the complication itself. The current temp is always correct and the same as what the app is saying. I have force restarted the phone several times and unpaired and repaired to no avail.

Anybody else having this problem?
    Cheers
    Rob

Attached Files:

2. cbronfman macrumors 6502

Same here - but Have the impression it gives the high for the day but doesn't look forward. So if on the previous day at midnight it was 71, it will show 71 degree high and the correct current temperature.

3. RobinInOR macrumors 6502

RobinInOR

Do you have multiple cities defined? In My watch on your phone, for the weather app, you can set which city is your default to show on complications.

4. Rob198600 thread starter macrumors newbie

Rob198600

I have it set to current location, I'm always traveling for work so I like to keep an eye on the weather as I move around during the day. Regardless of which city I'm in the high/low temp is always incorrect.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 17, 2017 ---
    Yes! That seems to be exactly what it's doing, hopefully there is a fix for this as it is very annoying.

5. slappypig macrumors member

slappypig

I noticed this as well - the high was correct but the low was from the previous night or it was correct. It tended to show the previous nights low more so than the correct future nights low.

FYI - I noticed this because the previous nights low was 45-50 F where as the current nights low should have shown as 63-65 F

6. kcaz507 macrumors newbie

kcaz507

I had this issue when I had one. I had it on the original and a Series 1. I spoke with an agent and had a case opened, I sent in phone and watch screenshots, they said they would call back in 3 days, after a week I just gave up and returned the watch before the return period ended. I never did get a call back.

I actually had started a thread on it, everyone just told me to download a 3rd party app, which I didnt want to do.

7. Howyalikdemapls macrumors 6502

8. slappypig macrumors member

slappypig

I ended up getting around it by using the Storm app from weather underground. I actually like it better than my previous experience with the stock weather app. I've actually forgotten about this issue since the last few updates. I'm going to switch my complication back over to the stock weather app and see if it's any better.

9. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

I have been using the weather live App. It currently says it is 63F and cloudy, which is what my outdoor temp says is the temp and it is cloudy. So for today it seems spot on. I haven't been monitoring it that closely in general though

10. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

How does the weather on your phone look? Is it correct? Or wrong as well?

11. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

If I use apples weather app, the watch and phone both say it's currently 60F, which is probably correct

12. Howyalikdemapls macrumors 6502

13. matt2053 macrumors 6502a

My dad just got an Apple Watch last week and was complaining to me that "it only shows me yesterday's forecast." I'm guessing he was having this same issue. Hopefully there's a fix soon!

14. LD Curb macrumors regular

LD Curb

I have the exact same problem as shown in the OP's first post. I have the series 1 watch. It was correct for 2 years and now it is no longer working. Is there a fix yet for this? The correct weather shows up when opening the app but on the watch face it is wrong.

15. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

I reboot the watch once in a while if it looks like it's having sync problems. That usually resolves it here. I usually power cycle the phone at the same time for good measure.

16. kcaz507 macrumors newbie

kcaz507

It is still wrong. No change, I hope with every update it will be resolved.

17. kcaz507 macrumors newbie

kcaz507

FYI: My complication and phone have been matching every day on the highs and lows since the last OS update.