Apple watch wipes itself

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mrsemexter, May 23, 2015.

1. Mrsemexter macrumors member

Hi guys, so what is happening currently is.

1. I back my phone up to iTunes
    2. I reset my phone and erase all content
    3. I then restore from backup on iTunes

At this point all the watch then decides to wipe itself and I loose all of my data, how do I stop this from happening?

2. AN1 macrumors newbie

I think this is working as intended, but your watch should also restore itself from the backup on the phone, so data loss shouldn't be a factor. I wouldn't think of the watch as a device actually having any real data, it just stores copies of stuff already on your phone or fitness data etc. intended to be synced to your phone at the next opportunity.

3. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

This, your watch pretty much has no data on it, it's an accessory for your iPhone and pulls all of its data from it.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Almost all data and Apps are stored on the iPhone. You can't erase the data and still expect it to be there.

5. papbot macrumors 6502

Unless you're doing this frequently I don't see the problem. Hopefully you're only doing this to deal with some significant problem. But as the others said that's the way it works. You wipe the phone, restore it ( hopefully without issues ). After everything is restored you have to re-pair the watch and set it back up.