Apple Watch with a case

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by martymar112, Sep 13, 2015.

1. martymar112 macrumors member

Does anyone use any cases with the watch? if so what kind and do you have any pictures. thanks

Also is the new apple watch the same with a upgrade OS or a new model watch? and when does it come out.

I am over seas and going back to the states in Jan. ready to ditch my Iphone 4 and get the 6S Plus and Apple Watch.

2. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

1. Not me

2. Same everything, just some new colors added to the lineup. Some buyers have the new models but are still on OS1.

3. That'll be a heck of a jump from the 4. Have fun!

3. martymar112 thread starter macrumors member

Yea i dont know what i am going to do with my self. ha ha

4. 911scanner macrumors member

I use the Spigen Tough Case so that I can use the watch for my job. Protects the watch well, case has a bunch of scratches on the front. Sorry, no pics.

Don't have OS2 yet, but am excited to try it.

5. shenfrey macrumors 68000

lol I can't take people who put their watches in cases seriously. Imagine seeing someone sticking their Rolex in a case too.

6. martymar112 thread starter macrumors member

I agree i wish i could not have a case on it. but i work in the military and want to protect it.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have a Luvitt ultra armor on my watch and I'm happy I do. Personally it doesn't bother me that you cannot take me serious but I'm happy I do. The Luvitt is barely noticeable and protects my expensive watch.

Different strokes for different folks, just because you don't see a need for this, doesn't mean everyone won't.

8. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Maybe. But before apple watch nobody put their watch in cases, so I don't know what's different that's all.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Spending over 500 dollars for a watch was reason enough for me. I agree cases for other expensive watches were not something people did, but then in my case, I never spent that much money on a watch. Plus this expensive watch is being worn, during workouts, yard work and other places were I probably not worn any other expensive watch..

For instance you referenced the rolex in your earlier post, well if I owned one, I'm pretty sure, I'd not go out and do a 7 mile trail run in the woods with it. I just finished one of those up this morning.

10. shenfrey macrumors 68000

True but Apple watch has been designed to mitigate general everyday wear and tear, especially the sports model. Like you said different strokes for different folks, I personally will never see a reason for it.
    My watch looks as good as new, only if you zoom in and turn it under the light will you see scratches on the SS. And I only take my watch off for bed and showers.

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Perhaps, but I'm happy with my case.

Exactly ;)