Apple Watch with Milanese and Sport band

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Armen, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Found an interesting combo on the store for those who may want a Sport band and Milanese loop for their SS Apple watch.

Option #1: If you buy a 42mm SS watch with Sport band (which comes with 2 bands) and a Milanese loop as a separate purchase your total is $748.00

Option #2: If you buy a 42mm SS watch with Milanese Loop and purchase a Sport band separately your total is $748.00

You get 2 Sport bands with option #1 for the same cost as option #2 with 1 band.

2. troop231 macrumors 603

One of the bands is unusable in Option #1, which is stupid IMO if we know what will fit us before hand. So stupid we can't get two of the same size bands that will fit us in the box.

3. Armen thread starter macrumors 604

Armen

Stupid why? You can trade the smaller one with someone else for a larger one in a different color.That will give you 3 unique bands.

4. troop231 macrumors 603

It's stupid because there should be an option on the pre-order page (let's hope there will be) to choose the size, that way trading will be unnecessary.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Nope, purchasing a Sport band separately still gets you two bands, one S/M and one M/L.

6. troop231 macrumors 603

And unfortunately half of that is a waste.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Not if you trade colors with someone bigger or smaller, and you'll come out ahead.

However, Apple is doing this to streamline their inventories (no separate SKUs for the two different sizes), and rubber bands cost next to nothing to make.

8. troop231 macrumors 603

I don't know anyone local to trade with unfortunately. And I don't think adding a few more SKUs is going to be a problem with the amount they already have lol. :p

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You can always swap with a member here in the marketplace or even online.

If the Watch Sport takes off, you'll eventually encounter many more down the line.

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

It's option #2 that gets you an extra band NOT option #1. When you buy the SS and sport band combo you only get one band unlike with the sport model. When you buy the sport band separately you get two bands one of each size.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That's not necessarily true. They may throw in two rubber bands for option #1 anyway, even though the general description for the SS collection specifies "band".

12. troop231 macrumors 603

This is not true, see this thread for the answer: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1854739

13. Mr.C macrumors 601

It is true. You're contradicting yourself. The thread in that link says exactly the same thing I did. That if you buy the Stainless Steel with a sport band you only get one band. If you look at the accessories page on the Apple Store for the watch the contents for the sport band when bought separately states you get two bands. So option 2 above gets you the extra band but option 1 does not.

----------

I suspect it is true because if there were two included in the stainless steel and sport band combo they would say so.

14. troop231 macrumors 603

Per the thread

15. Armen thread starter macrumors 604

Armen

I just got off chat with Apple store. They said The sport band comes with 2 bands.

----------

I'll be damned. I just checked. I guess $49 gets you 2 bands after all.

/thread delete

16. Mr.C macrumors 601

That's just assumption and not an official confirmation from Apple.

----------

That's what I said.

17. prtcool1193 Suspended

prtcool1193

Bump!
    Any thoughts on this now with all the reviews coming out? I was 100% set on SS but am a little bit skeptical with being just version 1

18. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

In a little over 2 weeks...this (and many more questions) will be answered

1 band, 2 bands...1 1/2 bands...

we'll know soon enough.

19. adamsaapl macrumors newbie