Apple watch with military uniform

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Anglican-Mac, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Anglican-Mac macrumors member

Does anyone have any experience with wearing an Apple Watch (or any kind of fitness tracker) with a military uniform? I specifically, would be wearing it with Navy uniforms. Obviously, if I was in a SCIF (Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Facility) I couldn't wear it, along with not having my phone, but I don't think that is in my future. I think it might be worth having two bands, one for the working uniform and service dress and another, nicer one for the dress uniform.

2. sarahgad Suspended

sarahgad

If i can imagine, will look great with your uniform. I don't know how you look but i can imagine a person in Navy uniform wearing the most elegant thing on him.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I guess I am old fashioned but can not see changing bands to match different uniforms.

Style is a personal thing so what ever makes you happy is important!

4. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

A dressier band would be a nice leather band (Pending the color of your uniform) or a stainless steel link band, which you can find a reputable third party for a great price or Apple's if you want to spend more.

5. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

You Navy guys seem to wear whatever the hell you want.

<--- former USMC :p

6. LbSigman macrumors member

7. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

8. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Been a few years since I was in uniform, but I'd have gone with the black leather loop across the board.

9. Admiral macrumors regular

Admiral

The Navy recruiter who put my daughter into Nuke school wore an Apple watch.

10. sarahgad Suspended

sarahgad

11. martymar112 macrumors member

As long as its all black while in uniform you will be fine.

Chief

12. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

As a uniform wearer myself, I'm pretty happy with the watch, but have the same issues as you.
    1) I have a dumb watch for SCIF work. If I know I have a SCIF day, I'll wear my dumb stuff. Be aware that some limited health watches can be approved, but they usually involve pedometer/heartrate capability with bluetooth update only.
    2) I wear the Apple Watch specifically for working out, so I have the nike straps installed. We can swap that strap out for something that works with other uniforms. I like the grey fabric but you can also use traditional metal or traditional leather designs.

That being said, I use my dumb watch for formal wear because it has a slide rule on it which I actually use when flying, & it looks more formal. Outside of formal wear, the nike strap works.