Apple Watch Wont Connect to Bluetooth Headphones

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iAdamator, Dec 31, 2016.

1. iAdamator macrumors 6502

Hey all

I hope this is the right section for this. I've had a Series 2 watch since launch that's been great except for one nagging, reoccurring problem. It doesn't play nice with Bluetooth headphones. Specifically it wont reconnect to them when I need it to. It first started with a cheap pair of BT headphones and I didn't think much of it, since they were cheap and costed under $20. But now I have the same issue with my AirPods connecting to my Watch.

The AirPods wont connect automatically, and even if I swipe up on control panel and manually try to reconnect, it will try for some time and then say failed. I know the issue isn't my AirPods because they connect/reconnect to my other devices fine.

The only fix I have found for my issue is to toggle bluetooth off and on on the watch either by using AirPlane mode for a moment, or by going into settings on the watch. This does fix the problem, but it soon happens again.

Now one odd thing is my phone and watch connection with BT are solid, I never have a problem with them connecting to each other.

To try and fix the issue, I did reset my Airpods and I also repaired my watch, but the issue remains.

Earlier this week I actually took my watch into an Apple Store to have it looked at. They sent it off for repair and I replicated the issue for them. But I just got an email this morning saying the watch is coming back...unpaired. It's really frustrating they didn't do anything with it and in the end, they will of had my watch about a week... all for nothing!

Since they didn't do anything to it and it looks like I am back to square one. Is there anything else I can try? Has anyone else has my issue?

Thank you.

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You need to tell Apple to fix either the watch or the airbuds.