Apple Watch won't connect to iPhone

mk313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
I've had an Apple Watch connected to my iPhone for years now. I bought a Series 5 cellular when it came out & have been using that, with no problems, since then.

It was working this morning, then I went on a run. sometime around when I got back from my run, the watch will no longer connect to my phone. I've tried turning them both off & then back on & tried toggling bluetooth & airplane mode, to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas for how to fix this. I'd prefer to not wipe & reinstall the watch, as it takes forever to log my music back on, so figured I'd check here first.

the watch will connect to wifi and to cellular, just not the iPhone, even though the two are sitting 6" from each other.

Thanks in advance,

mk313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Hmm...? You confirmed that bluetooth is enabled on your phone?
Thanks for the thought. Yup, Bluetooth was on. I actually thought about that & checked it. I could connect to my Airpods & external keyboard from the phone (and my old Apple Watch), just not the Series 5.

In the end, I couldn't figure it out & so I did the reset/re-pair.

I had several issues with my watch recently. I think that the most recent watch OS update somehow didn't work correctly. Hopefully the reset/repair works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.