Apple watch workout app

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ray737, Jun 17, 2015.

1. ray737 macrumors regular

When using the workout app selected stair stepper and set 1+00 in duration. You would think after the 1+00 is completed the timer would stop. Is there something I'm missing here. Not very intuitive. I didn't realize I have to end the workout on the watch.

2. CellXor10 macrumors regular

Your input- whether it be time, calories, or distance- is not considered a timer, but rather a goal. So while it should alert you when you reach that goal, it's not going to just stop it's count.

3. ray737 thread starter macrumors regular

Ah interesting. Didn't look at it that way. Thanks

4. parseckadet, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015

parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

People will use this different ways. I do 30 minute workouts, not including warm up or cool down. So I set mine to 35 minutes at the start of my warm up. This way it will notify me when to start my cool down, but then I let it continue to run. I don't actually end the workout until I walk away from the machine.

Also, someone might choose to extend their workout for any number of reasons. Maybe they didn't exert themselves as hard as they anticipated, so they want to go longer. Or they're reading/listening to a book and want to finish the chapter. Etc. I would actually be highly annoyed if my watch stopped tracking me while I was still going.