Apple Watch Workouts - discard option removed?

Bklass

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Toronto
Has anyone noted that you can no longer discard a workout? Where did this option go, am I missing something?

Sometimes I would accidentally select the wrong workout, and discarding it would make it not count towards my activity goals for the day. Or, for example, if I accidentally forgot to stop a short "walk workout," and the time and other stats continued to tally, I wouldn't want that particular workout to count towards my goals for the day, so I could easily discard it after stopping the workout.

Is this feature gone in WatchOS 4.1? Any hints of it returning? I don't get why Apple would remove the feature! TIA.

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
No you cannot delete a workout in the Activity app.

You have to go into the Health app to delete and accidental workout. I've accidentally started a workout at work and did not know. You have to go into settings in Health and it will delete. Should be Health Data > Activity > Workouts > Show All Data. Then in here you have to find the date and time and then can delete. It will eventually disappear from Apple Workouts

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
I think too many people accidentally deleted their workout and rightfully got pretty angry, glad they did this.

Reactions: menace3