Apple Watches available at Apple Stores on launch day? (in limited quantities?)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by blg123, Apr 23, 2015.

1. blg123 macrumors member

I have read that Apple stated that retail Apple Stores will not have watches in store for sale on launch day, but I have a hard time believing that. Are there any Apple / Apple Store employees looking at these forums who would comment on whether or not retail stores (maybe select stores in major US cities) will receive a small allotment of watches for sale (in limited quantities)? That way, Apple could have the best of both worlds - all of the pre-orders they have already received plus people who are excited and willing to line up for a chance to get one on launch day (particularly those of us who have the May delivery dates on our pre-orders).

2. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

3. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

There won't be any watches in stores for you to buy.

4. matthijst macrumors regular

Maybe in the next few days, like with other Apple products.
    Not for walk ins but to reserve online and pickup in store?

5. blg123 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah - I saw the story about the fashion boutiques. Whatever. On behalf of the 99.9999% of us who aren't going there, I'd like another option on launch day. Hoping something pops out tonight that gives hope to those of us who ordered in the 3:00 AM hour (EST) on 4/10 that still have had no movement online.

6. AppleSnitch macrumors member

Not to be a jerk but Jesus christ how many times will this question come up.

No not one single store is getting a single watch for sale, this will be for the next coming months.

We've had no stock come in and no bands, that's how this launch will go, strictly online.

----------

Nothing will come up, just wait for your order to come in

7. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Well, I guess your more than welcome to go to your local Apple Store or even sit outside all night tonight, but the answer is still the same: the Apple Watch will not be available at Apple stores tomorrow.

8. fanta88 macrumors 6502

Like others have said, there will be no watches in store for purchase for most of May. None. Nada. Unless you live near one of the selected fashion boutiques.

It's supply constrained. And let's be honest -- IF they did make watches available for purchase in-store, this forum would EXPLODE with angry people who pre-ordered weeks ago but are getting their watch after someone who walks into a store. I expect that their priority is in filling all the pre-orders, which takes them to June. Perhaps they'll give people with June dates the option of picking up in store. But until they resolve the pre-order situation, no way.

9. FoxD macrumors 6502

I know that since my preorder did not ship yet (SG,Black,42) that I will be heading to the store to see if they have any or not. Multiple people have said they might be selling some...

10. AppleSnitch macrumors member

People like you are the ones that I will tell tomorrow morning when I open the store that we have absolutely no watches, to which you'll respond, what? It's launch day how is this possible.

THERE WILL BE NO WATCHES TOMORROW

unless a fairy magically drops some in the BOH tomorrow, we are not getting any watches in

11. riotrhythm macrumors regular

riotrhythm

12. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Any clue how long before you get bands, though? I'd think those might appear before watches. Sport ones, at least.

13. ukms macrumors regular

Bands ?

14. applepuree macrumors 6502

applepuree

No bands Nada, nothing, just Apple care + info

15. fs454 macrumors 65816

"Multiple people"?

Good luck, honestly.

16. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

Nope, there were already articles published elsewhere, quoting a leaked Apple internal document that, not only will there be no watches in store on launch day, but don't count on any stock for the month of May.

June is the soonest that we'll see stock in stores (unless they've change their tune and vastly increased production) - but we'll see that long before if that's the case, as all of the backorders will be filled (that will be their priority).