Apple: We Need these force touch options

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by NovemberWhiskey, Sep 29, 2016.

1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

force touch on a phone number (eg. on the favorites or recents list), and you get an option to call with your reg phone number, your google voice number, or a third party app.

Force touch on a photo to select a photo editing app to use.

2. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

First is already included.
    Second? Force touch a photo, slide up and choose "share". If editing app supports share sheet, you will see the app name and that's it.

3. NovemberWhiskey thread starter macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

There's no way to choose google voice by force touching a phone number as far as I can tell. I can choose if I want to text or call, or which number to call. But I can't switch to voice.

4. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Then this requires third party app support or it will not work. and, I believe this is less likely as google is rival company of Apple.

5. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

I think OP is referring to something like a 3D touch API - so for example if I 3D touch a phone number, I could be able to WhatsApp or Skype him for example, which could be super handy.

6. humanresources macrumors regular

That is already a thing, it's Google, the developer that has to make Google Voice support CallKit so you can get the options to call from that service. But knowing Google, that will take forever to make.