Apple Web Maps?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Georgij, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Georgij macrumors regular

I was digging threw the Apple job applications and found this (picture). Does that mean that Apple is developing a web map application something similar to Google Maps?
    [​IMG]

2. vmachiel macrumors 68000

Yeah could be. Seems a logical thing to do if they want more people using it.

3. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Seems like the natural progression. They added Notes and Reminders to icloud.com last year and it only makes sense that they would continue to add to and build out the service to have a more robust set of features.

My question is when does the Maps app make its way to OS X.

4. pmontanarella, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013

pmontanarella macrumors 6502

I don't think we'll see Maps on OS X if Apple builds it into iCloud. There really isn't a need for a dedicated maps app on a computer.

5. macalec macrumors 6502

It is certainly possible. However from what we have seen with Apple, their solution to the maps is its ability to be portable and dynamic. So it could be that they are just experimenting with it.

6. monolithic macrumors member

Maybe they want Find my iPhone/iPad app to use their maps. Apple currently uses Google maps for that.