Apple Website Design Feature Help

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Cepe Indicum, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Cepe Indicum macrumors regular

Hi,

A completely newbie question, sorry. I've had a quick search, but it's tricky to find an answer when you're not sure what to look for... so thought I'd ask the experts...

Could someone tell me how a feature on the new Apple website works? I see it about the Internet quite a bit now actually.

Go here: http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/ and click on one of the "Watch the demo" buttons... how does the following "pop up" video work? Is it Flash?

Thanks in advance, and sorry it's such a basic question (not asked particularly well).

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

3. Cepe Indicum thread starter macrumors regular

That's great! Thanks for the quick reply, janey! :)

4. janey macrumors 603

janey

I'm not even entirely sure! At first glance, that's what it seems to be. It isn't flash at all. And I know Apple's used those for all the fancy stuff on their page...hence I believe that's what they're using.

5. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

i also found this interesting/usefull, im not a proper web designer by a long shot but i want to learn in this direction and not in the slow to load and proprietry flash route, any tips on where to learn are welcome (other than the extremley useful site link you provided Janey

6. janey macrumors 603

janey