Apple website, issues? not responding on PC

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by scooterguitar, Dec 30, 2009.

1. scooterguitar macrumors regular

No clue where to put this, but figured maybe someone could give me some insight. Mods, if there's a better forum for this please feel free to move it.

I view Apple's general website frequently w/o issue, as I'm making the entire switchover within the next month I believe, but for now stuck with Vista.
    Never had issues on their site.

Anywho, getting a new ipod from the wife for the holiday, I installed itunes/quicktime, and been working with that.
    Ever since installing those, Apple's site freezes up my computer! Get the old Not Responding, then it tries to work itself out as Vista does, usually it will but takes forever to finally respond. I can't even browse their store effortlessly anymore.

Didn't know if it had something to do with itunes, etc? It is the only website doing this for me. I've ran disc cleanup, defrags, restarts, and use 3 virus programs, still no luck.

ANy help is appreciated.

2. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

umm it would sort of help if you mentioned what browser you're even using??? try clearing cache.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

4. scooterguitar thread starter macrumors regular

I've only ever used IE or Safari.
    How do I try a different browser on my PC w/o installing something else. For now I need familair as I'm finsihing grad work and don't wanna mess things up.

5. scooterguitar thread starter macrumors regular

Troubleshot this all day, still no luck.
    Ran various virus/spyware programs, tried safe mode with virus scans, etc.
    Cleared cache, dish cleanup, defrag, etc.
    Has to be something with the itunes/quicktime install, though those prgrams seems to work fine.
    I truly don't want to uninstall itunes as it took me a full day to get 16gigs of music transferred over, cleaned up, etc.
    Any suggestions? Try Google CHrome browser perhaps?

6. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Empty your cache and history and try again...