Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
Looks like I found a contradicting paragraph on Apple's website. So these are DRM free, but can only be played on up to five computers? Wait what's that at the bottom!? :confused:;)

Attachments

• nodrm.jpg
    nodrm.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 269

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
It's not very clear, but it's talking about the difference between regular DRM-limited iTunes tracks and iTunes Plus tracks, differentiated by the word "now". :)

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
It seems regular itunes can be on up to 5 computers, and the itunes plus can be unlimited.

No?

It makes sense to me.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
It's not very clear, but it's talking about the difference between regular DRM-limited iTunes tracks and iTunes Plus tracks. :)

That's what I thought at first, but you can't burn an unlimited number of CD's without changing the order of the songs. It's very poorly worded if they are trying to compare the two.

Edit: the large image next to the paragraph and the title "Know your rights to rock" made it seem that paragraph was just focused on DRM free music.

It's not very clear, but it's talking about the difference between regular DRM-limited iTunes tracks and iTunes Plus tracks, differentiated by the word "now". :)

Then they should change the image directly to the right of it. They don't state that the DRM protected songs are only 128 Kbps.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Damn you and your fast pre-edit quoting! :D

Yeah, I agree it's not clear, it's misleading and it needs to be changed, but it still technically makes sense.

iRachel

macrumors 6502a
It probably also made more sense when the two kinds of songs were different prices. Weren't the DRM-free songs initially $1.29 or something like that? It looks like somebody just changed the price without thinking about how the lack of that differentiation would change the ad as a whole.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.