Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
when will the rest of them get released?

Kinda of silly to not release them all at once AFTER pre-order and try-on already started.

I want to check them out because Apple employee is more clueless on how it works than most of us here.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
I don't get it either. I'm not sure how people are supposed to make purchasing decisions based on demo loops at the store.

rhyme

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2013
I'm keen to see the rest of the guided tours, too. I guess they are releasing them on a schedule designed to keep the excitement up despite limited availability. Starting from the release of the first set we have:
  • Week one: First set of guided tours released. A few media articles triggered.
  • Week two: Embargo lifted for hands-on reviews. Lots of media notice.
  • Week three: Pre-orders and try-ons possible, triggering more media notice.
  • Week four (this week): Nothing scheduled, so we'll probably get a few more guided tours on Friday.
  • Week five: Release day! That will get a bit more attention. If supply is very, very limited, we might get the last few guided tours on release day, but otherwise, I suspect they'll hold off for at least another week.

Wildgift

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
These are being carefully managed, but I for one would like to see some more. It will help build interest.

JWorld127

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
IMO it looks really stupid for Apple to have a page that is dedicated to demo videos and only be allowed to watch 4 of them and have like 10 greyed out. I thought it was stupid before the sale date and even more retarded after people already ordered them...I mean cmon Apple...whats the big secret with showing demos to paid customers of making a a phone call or the fitness stuff?

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
I checked the page several times leading up to the preorder date because I had assumed all of the guides would be available by then, but no dice. I can understand wanting to keep up excitement, but if there will be no stock in stores on the 24th and most people who want to preorder already have done so, I'm not sure what purpose it serves to hold these back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.