Apple websites run terribly on Safari

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by skiltrip, Feb 7, 2011.

1. skiltrip macrumors 68030

On my iPod touch (4g) the Apple website and the Apple Store websites run terribly. Laggy as hell. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

Uh, yeah. It's a mobile browser :) It doesn't have the hardware to run most websites smoothly. The touch has a 1 ghz processor with 256 MB of ram...I don't know what kind of computer you have but I can say with the utmost confidence it runs circles around those kind of specs :p

It's just how it is. Mobile web browsing on full sites is pretty useless in my opinion.

3. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

Err... not sure what you browse on your ipod touch or iphone, but most sites are beautifully smooth on my iphone 4 and were also fine on the 3gs.

The Apple store used to hang every few seconds for me on my iphone, but it seems better lately. Is annoying tho, its the one site you expect to work perfectly all the time.

4. skiltrip thread starter macrumors 68030

This is exactly my experience. It's rare that a website lags like the Apple one does. In fact, I haven't encountered any even nearly as bad as Apple's.

And my thoughts exactly. You'd think it would be the one site that would be perfect on all iDevices.

5. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'd imagine it's a result of all if the new HTML5 updates Apple added to their site recently. Your poor old iPod touch can't handle it!

6. TheyCallMeSaint macrumors regular

Hmm, I had heard that the site update actually made browsing better on iDevices. And OP, have you tried the Apple Store App? Probably more convenient than the website anyway.

7. skiltrip thread starter macrumors 68030

The Apple Store app is cool, but no BTO, no edu pricing/shopping and no refurb store. So it's fine for browsing retail prices but not that useful to me otherwise.

8. sebseb81 macrumors member

I also found that apple.com ran horribly slow in Safari in my 2nd gen iPod Touch. When I made the jump to 4th gen., the site loaded noticeably faster, but still rather poorly.

Here's hoping the 4.3 update (which supposedly doubles the performance of Safari) will help improve the situation - it's nice to check up on those refurbs!

SF

9. arianaandrea24 macrumors newbie

I am not facing any problem but it might be the latest update Apple did to its website. :apple:

10. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

Terrible? how terrible it is, you can make a screenshot for us, maybe the speed of your Internet is too terrible to show this page perfectly.