Apple where are my iMovie effects!!!!! :(

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Amnak, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Amnak macrumors 6502

Hey everyone I'm doing a movie edit in iMovie... I haven't done this since my old MBP died which had iMovie 06 on it this new one is iMovie 09. I can't find a way to do or use effects in iMovie 09 and i don't mean lame effects that are in the effects pain that make it look like you ran the movie through Photo Booth but crazy effects like flashes and lightning on your finger tips like in 06. Is there any way? Thanks in advance.

p.s. i moved myself from the mac apps forum to this I had no replies on the other.

2. Leddy macrumors regular

Hi Amnak - the new version of iMovie is pretty pathetic in comparison to iMovie HD which you were using previously. It seems to have been dumbed down - the shortcomings are even more apparent in regards to transitions and effects.

I'd be grabbing Pacifist and installing iMovie HD from your previous install discs if you want to do stuff with lightning or orb glows etc. without having to shell out for something like Final Cut Express/Pro.

I managed to drag and drop iMovie HD from another system once I realised it was no longer available from Apple as a free download - perhaps there's someone you know who still has it on their machine?

Good luck.

3. Amnak thread starter macrumors 6502

Leddy thanks i did that only problem is that my edits from iMovie HD are not so HD ... its not serious though (clearly because im using iMovie and not Final cut ) Ya it really stinks that they dumbed it down:(