Apple white earphones - iPad...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Liquinn, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Liquinn Suspended

Why do they not come with the iPad Air but they do with the iPhones? Is here any reason for this? I quite like the addition of the earphones on an iPhone purchase but surely Apple could include them on the iPad? Thanks.

2. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

Probably the same reason Macbooks and iMacs don't.

Plus Apple is a company, is cheap, and cuts corners where possible.

3. charles4515 macrumors member

You are better off buying your own earphones. The ones that come with the phone are minimal and I use them as backup but I buy third party earphones for everyday use on my phone and iPad for more comfortable fit and better sound.

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

It's not just Apple. Nearly all smartphones come with ear buds and nearly no tablets do. I think the general idea is that practically everyone uses their phone as a portable music player, so ear buds are a necessity. Remember, the very first iPhone was marketed a combination of three things: a phone, an internet device, and an iPod.

5. pika2000 macrumors 68030

Many smartphones today don't even come with earbuds anymore. I'm not sure why you are having an issue with such cheap accessory. Most people would already have one lying around at the least, and there are so many cheap alternatives on the market.

6. chasonstone macrumors regular

chasonstone

The reasoning is probably more financial than anything. Why give you free earbuds when they can get you to buy them? But I would have to say it makes sense for them to come with iPhones because those are used as 'iPods' where an iPad generally isn't. Also, I'm willing to guess many if not most people with an iPad already have an iPhone which came with some earbuds. If they gave them with the iPads too they'd be padding everyone with a backup pair. With all this in mind, I would still appreciate them throwing them in there as a bonus as well.