Apple why?! (Lockscreen)

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by aPple nErd, Jun 13, 2016.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

so far ios 10 isnt half bad. It's not a huge upgrade for the average user but otherwise i dont have any other complaints besides onnneee thing... THE LOCK SCREEN! Now it takes me twice as long at least to unlock as it did before. The lockscreen wasn't done right. Widgets should have been on the main screen.

2. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Widgets just become something you scroll through. Trust me, you don't actually want them on your springboard.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

So why twice as long?

4. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Instead of pressing the home button and leaving my finger resting on the touch id sensor, now i have to press it for the screen to come on and then press again to unlock? That's just more work. I tried to just raise my phone to wake up but it won't wake up if i move it. Oh well. I'll wait for the next beta before upgrading and staying

5. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Works the same as it always as for me.

6. ThunderMasterMind macrumors 6502

ThunderMasterMind

You raise the phone to wake it up, then you do things with the home button.

7. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Nope. You still just need to press ONCE to both unlock and enter home screen. Goes better with 6s series.

8. Smith288 macrumors 6502a

Smith288

You can do it the same way as before. But now, you can raise your phone and it will wake up allowing you to scroll through notifications. Before, you'd either need to wake with the lock button or use your fingernail to press the home button.

9. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

The 'raise to wake feature' only works with iPhone 6s or iPhone SE.

10. ovo6 macrumors 6502

Blame the stupid people who complained about Touch ID being fast like come on just press the lock button to see notifications

11. iOSUser7 macrumors 6502a

iOSUser7

It works on iPhone SE aswell.

12. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

My post was in relation to 6 / 6s.

13. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Yeah i think that's it. For real though i had to downgrade just because it took me too long to get into my phone. Oh well. Hopefully they tweak it some before the final release.

14. oeyvind macrumors member

Yes! How do one disable the widget showing when one unlocks the phone??

https://goo.gl/photos/6yVzW3G8nf9vMnoD6

Having to click on the home button to get to the home screen after touchid authentication is stupid!

I tried disable all widgets and it will still load to the empty widget notification screen... looks like it's a bug one have to live with

15. dlewis23 macrumors 6502a

I don't know how you made the widgets show with out swiping, thats not normal. You don't have to click the button again, if you click and rest your finger for the moment as normal it goes right to the home screen.

16. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

OMG this is really dumb. WTF. Apple listens to the stupid crit. about the home screen being too fast to open.

17. oeyvind, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016

oeyvind macrumors member

18. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

I turned off that Raise to Wake BS after about an hour. Ain't nobody got time for that.

19. C DM macrumors Westmere

No time for things to work faster?

20. timshundo macrumors regular

iOS 9's Touch ID/unlock implementation made sense for the old, slower version of Touch ID because you could just raise your finger after unlocking with the home button. They didn't account for the next version of Touch ID being fast... Too fast. The unlock-too-fast issue is real and they're fixing their mistake, which may mean that it's slower, but now there are no holes in the UI logic. Now it's un-****upable.

Just get used to it.

21. MikeyMike01 macrumors 6502

22. SoYoung macrumors 6502

the real problem with lock screen now is notification. Its really ugly at a point that I think I will stay with iOS 9 as long as I can.

Is it okay security wise to stick with the previous iOS release months after the new comes out?

23. blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

The way it has been working for me that has caused me to change my behavior is this: before, I could wake with the sleep/wake button to view the lock screen, and then simply tap (not press) the home button to get in to the phone.

Now, simply authenticating via TouchID will not bypass the lock screen, it requires an actual press of the home button. I think this is actually rather ingenious. It's just going to take some getting used to, as I've already trained my brain to avoid pressing the home button when unlocking the phone.

24. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

One thing I hate about current lock screen in beta 1 is: continuity has no way to be called from lock screen.
    in iOS 9, just swipe up bottom left corner app icon to call it. But Now! I have no way to call it.

25. Ge.nu macrumors newbie

works the same as before to me...