Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grfelix

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
I dont want apple to charge my credit card $99 dls. for the renew (300 days left on my subscription) because I know I can get a lower price from royal discount or amazon....:rolleyes:

Is apple going to charge me the $99 dls.? or I still have the option to purchase the mobile me box later on amazon and then enter my activation code to renew my MobileMe account??:confused:

Thanks. :apple:

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....just be sure to turn off the auto-renewal option in your preferences and you can do just what you want to - it's how I do mine each year as well. Also, you can enter your renewal code any time when you get it - it won't change the renewal date or "short change" you for any time....oh yeah!

Grfelix

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
Thanks!

Duff-Man says....just be sure to turn off the auto-renewal option in your preferences and you can do just what you want to - it's how I do mine each year as well. Also, you can enter your renewal code any time when you get it - it won't change the renewal date or "short change" you for any time....oh yeah!

Well... that's perfect :D!!

Thanks Duff-Man :D!!

Steven.nevets

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2006
Vancouver, BC
sorry, i know this is sorta thread hijacking, but i couldn't find an answer anywhere else... if i'm on a free trial, and add my code now, is that one year from today, or when the free trial ends?

raleigh1208

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I've looked all over MobileMe, but my account runs out in August and I bought a MobileMe package from Amazon for a lot less than the $99 I would have paid Apple to automatically renew my account, but now for the life of me I can't find where I enter the activation code to renew my account. Please direct me to the spot. I'm sure I'll feel like an idiot once you point it out! Thanks in advance.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I've looked all over MobileMe, but my account runs out in August and I bought a MobileMe package from Amazon for a lot less than the $99 I would have paid Apple to automatically renew my account, but now for the life of me I can't find where I enter the activation code to renew my account. Please direct me to the spot. I'm sure I'll feel like an idiot once you point it out! Thanks in advance.

http://www.me.com/account/

See Account Options

However, why don't you continue the trial. Also, you should have gotten a 30 day extension.

gentlegiantcrai

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007

http://www.me.com/activate

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
I'm gonna do this, order it from Amazon and renew to save money. Why in the world do they have to mail you a stupid box, though? All that's in it is a piece of paper with the activation code on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.