Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Hello,

With the teaser that Apple is showing right now that is streaming live continuously, I’m noticing that every couple of minutes they throw up on the screen home footage of someone performing.

Is it a far stretch to assume that Apple with introduce a YouTube type replacement service tomorrow?

If so, I can guarantee I would come out of the woodwork and start a channel the same day.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Hahahaha, no. Even if they did, good luck, there is a lot I don't like about YouTube especially as independent creators have suffered due to changes in monetisation, but I can't see their position being challenged right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngerDanger

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Hahahaha, no. Even if they did, good luck, there is a lot I don't like about YouTube especially as independent creators have suffered due to changes in monetisation, but I can't see their position being challenged right now.

Perhaps, but usually when Apple does something, they do it right (at least in regards of control and who can do what), non of the Youtubers, lack of copyright take-downs etc which YT platform has a huge problem battling. Not to mention ads being on other videos. And all this going on, copyright holders arn't happy..

At least"being in control" does have it's advantages. and this is where Apple excels (sometime too much control, but more is better than none at all)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.