Apple will send an antenna booster

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jeneb86, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Jeneb86 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone! I just called apple this morning and pretty much played dumb with the signal loss. The lady on the phone was very nice heres how the conversation went.

Apple: is anything was covering the line on the bottom left of your phone?
    Me: no nothing is covering it.
    Apple: not even your hand while you're holding the phone?
    Me: I am not sure where I position my hand on the phone.
    Apple: We are finding problems when the line is covered people are losing signal and dropping calls. We found to fix this you can buy a bumper or an antenna booster online or in stores.
    Me: So there's a problem with the phone, making me have to hold it in a certain way to keep a call and the only way to fix it is to spend more money to buy this thing?
    Apple: Very quickly said, If you give me your current address I can send you out an antenna booster and it will ship with in 1-2 days.
    Me: Absolutely, thank you but, what exactly is an antenna booster?
    Apple: It wraps around the outside of the phone like a bumper. Have you seen the bumpers?
    Me: Yes
    Apple: It's like that.

It was pretty simple and I think mostly because I didn't call up demanding anything of them. And the way I did do it is by calling out the ridiculousness of them asking customers to pay for their flaw. I am not exactly sure what I am getting in the mail but at least its something and hopefully it will help fix the dropped calls :)

Has anyone else been told they will be getting an antenna booster? Does anyone even know what that is or is it just another term for their bumpers?

2. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

wow, if that is true, there must be a hardware issue with the phones. B/c internally, they know that a software update is coming out. I'll be curious what everyone is experiencing after the software update comes out, predicted to be tomorrow.

3. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Breaking newbie news story No. 97. There should be a board for "Newbie News".

4. mac jones macrumors 68040

5. Jeneb86 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've seen the other ones. I just haven't seen it called an "antenna booster" not sure if its the same thing as a bumper or not. She said theres the "bumper" or the "antenna booster." Seemed like they're two different things.

Plus with the software update coming out rumored to fix the problem, you would think apple tech would know about the fix and wouldnt be willing to send me anything. So it was just an update since it was done this morning and is odd considering the new software fix.

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Apple techs, for the most part, are like people you talk to anywhere else over the phone - they don't have a ****ing clue and they say things incorrectly all the time.

7. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

post a pic when you get it. I'm thinking they're just gonna send you a bumper