Apple wired keyboard, loud space bar?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jgmacrum, Feb 10, 2011.

1. jgmacrum macrumors member

Hi there,

I just got an apple wired keyboard after having used the wireless one for a while. All of the keys but the spacebar sound just like the ones on the wireless, but the spacebar is MUCH louder. Is this normal, or is this a defect?

If it is a defect, I purchased this on Amazon - would the process for me to be to go to my local apple store to see if they'll exchange it, or do I have to go through Amazon?

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Pretty normal I'd say, I found the space bar on my new-style Apple keyboard (flat keys) louder than the one on my older one (curved-style keys).

3. jgmacrum thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I got to check out a few others around the office & from friends and you're right. Mine seems to be worse than the rest, but not so much that it's radically different. Oh well.

4. flignar macrumors newbie

Bad!

This is a terrible keyboard...it's perhaps 3x louder, the key feel is very different, and I think the keys are even higher... it's literally more like a PC keyboard. Can we find out how to tell the new from old so I can find an old one! I'd pay $75 for one (incl. shipping).

5. slicktor macrumors member

slicktor

I noticed a louder space bar key as well when i bought mine. I think it is normal cause the space bar itself is larger.