Apple Wireless BT Keyboard forgets pairing overnight

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by artalliance, May 4, 2008.

1. artalliance macrumors 6502

My white wireless BT Apple Keyboard needs to be toggled on and off each time after a long period of inactive (overnight) or after a shutdown and reboot.

The weird part is that the computer (running 10.5.2) can actually see the device in the blue tooth preferences, it's just unpaired. So there are 2 solutions:

A) unpair and re-pair
    or
    B) toogle the keyboard on and off.

Both solve the issue but are annoying. Any ideas?

2. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

I believe this is a "feature", not a bug. It's not that the pairing goes away, but that after prolonged periods of inactivity, the keyboard goes into sleep mode to conserve the batteries. The problem is that waking it back up is difficult.

Use option B and live with it.

3. artalliance thread starter macrumors 6502

This is getting weirder.

Usually, I have the computer hooked up to my ACD with a bunch of Firewire Drives, right next to a Airport Extreme. Always have to do the toggle trick.

This morning, I started the computer in the kitchen, much further away from the keyboard and it found it right away....strange.

Could this be some weird interference?

4. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

It's very possible. You could be getting interference from your firewire drives and/or cables. Try moving the drives further away from your computer and AE.