Apple wireless charging pad

coolbreeze2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
I now have the triple crown. I have my iPhone X (shipping by 11/3), my Apple Watch 3, and my AirPods. Now I need the darn Apple wireless charging pad. It would have been great for Apple to release it along with the iPhone X. What could be the hold up? I need it now. I don't want to waste money and buy another brand now and then buy the Apple brand next year. Come on Apple!

Reactions: urbanwoodsman

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I now have the triple crown. I have my iPhone X (shipping by 11/3), my Apple Watch 3, and my AirPods. Now I need the darn Apple wireless charging pad. It would have been great for Apple to release it along with the iPhone X. What could be the hold up? I need it now. I don't want to waste money and buy another brand now and then buy the Apple brand next year. Come on Apple!
It's difficult to say. It Could be manufacturing time lines or production start times. But I believe they will be available early 2018, around March.

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
You will need to buy a new air pods case too

coolbreeze2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
Oh really? The case I have now is not wireless charging? I purchased mine at the end of last month. Ok I feel like a dummy. I won't need to buy new AirPods but just the case?

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Oh really? The case I have now is not wireless charging? I purchased mine at the end of last month. Ok I feel like a dummy. I won't need to buy new AirPods but just the case?
Yeah only the new cases will charge on the wireless charging pad from apple

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
You could opt for Belkin's. From the reviews I've read it seems to be pretty good and priced about the same as Apple's.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
You could opt for Belkin's. From the reviews I've read it seems to be pretty good and priced about the same as Apple's.
Unless I'm mistaken, I have not seen a Belkin that accommodates more than one device at a time.

Reactions: AJsAWiz

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Unless I'm mistaken, I have not seen a Belkin that accommodates more than one device at a time.
That is true. Since I don’t have any other devices that support wireless charging (don’t have the newest Apple Watch) that feature was not important to me. However, if that weren’t the case i, most likely, just wait on Apple’s charger to be released next year.