Apple Wireless Keyboard Batteries

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Terong, May 14, 2014.

1. Terong macrumors newbie

Out of interest - has anyone got a iMac with wireless k/b and mouse ?

My other half has one and is having to change the batteries about once a week which seems crazy to me?

I've not done much digging yet but it doesn't sound good.

[​IMG]

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

My keyboard lasted about 3 months of regular use. The magic mouse about 1 month, my Razor Orochi about a week. I use Sanyo Enloop rechargeables. I also use an excellent NiMH charger a MH-C9000

Gotta say on a stationery device like an iMac a wired keyboard is a good option.

3. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

If the better half turning them off when not in use? How many hours per day are they being actively used. It takes me all of 1 minute to swap out the batteries in my wireless and put the dead batteries into the wall changer....what is the problem?

Agreed. For my rMBP I have wired keyboard connected via the ATD. No need for a wireless version. Neither the keyboard nor the mouse go on field trips with me.

4. MacTCE macrumors 6502

Mileage definitely depends on usage. I've got the wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse and I turn them off every night before I go to bed and both of mine since to last about month before I need to change batteries. If you're not already I would pick up a Eneloop pack with the charger. Problem solved.

5. Rob.G macrumors 6502

Rob.G

I use the wireless kb and trackpad with my Mini, and over the last month or so, it's been going through batteries pretty quickly... like maybe every two weeks. I do use it almost all day everyday (work from home) but still. It didn't used to be this bad.

Rob

6. phositadc macrumors 6502

Lol you realize you can buy wireless mice and keyboards on amazon that literally last over a year on a single aa battery? Logitech, Microsoft, even a cheap brand named Anker all have good products that last and last and last.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My mouse (no keyboard) lasts months on a single battery, it gets used every day.

I'm not sure why you're seeing such poor performance with the keyboard. Perhaps its defective in manner.

8. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

The keyboard should last for months. I put regular batteries in the keyboard since it lasts a long time, but use the Apple rechargeable batteries for the trackpad and magic mouse.

9. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I use wireless keyboard, Magic Mouse, and Magic Trackpad on multiple computers. Used to use Energizer Lithium AA batteries with very long life - many months between changes, but still the cost added up.

I've since switched to rechargeable; some Duracell DuraLock and some Eneloop. I am probably getting no more than a month on a charge on the mice & trackpads - longer maybe on keyboards - but it's no big deal to switch, there is always a fresh pair in the charger so it takes all of 30 seconds.