Apple Wireless Keyboard (BRITISH)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dalvin200, Oct 26, 2009.

1. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

I wanted to order a new wireless keyboard from the UK online apple store...

I did a search on the store for "Apple Wireless Keyboard" and got many results - mainly different locales.

So I selected the BRITISH one - located here

On that webpage, there is a drop down list to select the language - but british is not listed - only "International English".

I can't even zoom into the keyboard image to verify what kind of key layout is on this "international" version either.

The image on www.apple.com/uk/keyboard doesn't even have a £ sign, so not sure which version is what.

Why is there a british version listed, but not available to select?

I called Apple UK online, and it was the worst phone call experience I have ever had. I was eventually randomly passed over to Applecare - even they couldn't answer my questions -

Which keyboard would I get if I chose "International English"?
    And what's the diff between that and "British"?
    Why can't I order the "british" keyboard when I live in Britain? (lol)

Anyone have any ideas on this please?

Thanks

2. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

just an update on the situation... i just spoke with the 3rd Apple CS bod, who actually seemed to know what he was talking about.

apparently, the DUTCH version of the wireless keyboard has the exact same layout as the BRITISH one ie, £ sign on number 3 key.
    so i have ordered that now :)

the "international english" keyboard does not have the £ sign on it, so good job i didn't order that one!

3. uuaschbaer macrumors regular

uuaschbaer

Interesting, I have never seen a dutch keyboard here in Holland except in an Apple store. We use the international English layout.

4. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

weird.. well.. i did double check with the guy, and he said if it's not the right, it can be returned for a full refund... so who knows..

i'll find out in a few weeks once it's been shipped out.

5. dleh macrumors newbie

It looks like the product code for the British version is MC184B/A. None of the entries in the layout/language dropdown result in this part number getting added to your basket, including the Dutch one you mentioned. I think they just forgot to add the British option to the dropdown.

I spoke with somebody at Apple who said they'd report it, so maybe it will get corrected.

6. dalvin200 thread starter macrumors 68040

you are 100% correct., as I contacted Apple again last night.. the lady took my query away and emailed me about 15 mins later saying the DUTCH keyboard was NOT the same as the BRITISH one...

they are going to swap out the dutch version for the british one on my order

7. dleh macrumors newbie

For anybody else wanting to order the British version I found a workaround. If you load up the page for the British keyboard and click on the Save button (you can leave the dropdown set to German) this will save the correct product code to your saved items. If you then click on add to cart from the saved items it will put the correct model into your basket.