Apple Wireless Keyboard equivalent?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bigpoppamac31, Apr 29, 2014.

1. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

So I'm looking into getting a wireless keyboard for my Mac. I have a MBP but wanted to put it on a stand to elevate the screen and use an external keyboard and mouse/trackpad. I already have the Apple trackpad but I wanted to know if there is a wireless keyboard equivalent to the Apple one. Also one that is cheaper then $75 (Canadian). Hate to sound cheap but $75 seems a bit steep for a keyboard. Certainly for one that excludes the numeric on the right side. What wireless keyboard do any of you guys use or prefer?

2. simsaladimbamba

Ever looked at the Logitech K750? It does recharge itself via light and includes a Numpad.

3. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

4. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

The K750 doesn't use Bluetooth for reasons I'll never understand (I don't think it can be power consumption since the one you linked to is very similar but does use Bluetooth). I hope they revise it some day so it does. I bought the Apple wired keyboard in frustration after trying various Bluetooth keyboards but never finding one I really liked (old white Apple one, Macally BTKey, Kanex BTKey--nearly perfect except the lack of desired media keys and the slightly oversized Cmd that I really could get used to) that had a full numeric keypad, as much as I hate wires on my desk.

If you are looking for an Apple-like wireless keyboard without a numeric keypad that is a little cheaper, the K760 that you linked to looks good. I haven't used it myself but considered buying it--I just wanted the numeric keypad. As an added bonus, you can also use it with several different devices and switch between them by pressing a button on the keyboard, and you won't have to worry about batteries. It also costs less than Apple's. :)

5. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I have this keyboard along with a Logitech M510 mouse. I love them way better than anything Apple makes. I've had nothing but disconnect problems with Apple's bluetooth keyboard. BTW, I have both the older 3 AA battery model as well as the newer 2 AA model. Both disconnect on a regular basis from 10 feet away. The Logitech K750 never disconnected in the 6 months I've owned it. BTW, both the mouse and keyboard use the same USB dongle...Oh yeah, the keyboard batteries seem to last forever under normal room lighting..

6. Marty62 macrumors 6502

K750 - fantastic keyboard, very comfortable and works with the mac perfectly.

M.

7. campyguy macrumors 68030

I bought the Logitech Bluetooth Easy-Switch K811 after trying several others, including the K750 and K760. Solid build, illuminated keys, works with multiple devices (an iPad Air, my rMBP, and Apple TV). Amazon US just dropped the price to US$70 - I paid more when it came out and it works flawlessly. Highly recommended!