Apple wireless keyboard issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jamie-30, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Jamie-30 macrumors member

Have got an apple aluminium wireless keyboard and have just noticed that the ? And / key does not seem to work. No other key keys are affected and everything else works fine. I have repaired permissions, tried a new user account, removed the key and checked for dust but nothing seems to work. If i plug a usb keyboard in the key works fine. Any ideas?

2. BrickbookPro macrumors regular

They seem to be plagued with issues. My first one used to randomly act as if the down key was depressed. The one I have now sometimes won't capitalize the letter I and instead shift+i enters as a space instead. The scrolling issue is back too and sometimes the keyboard will start scrolling down on its own until I mash the down key a couple times. If you cans till return it, I would. I love typing on mine, but the quarks can be annoying sometimes.

3. Jamie-30 thread starter macrumors member

Odd thing is, mine sometimes acts as if the / (key in question!) is being constantly pressed but if I try to press it, it doesn't work lol.

It's annoying it Doesn't work but not the end of the world. Is there a way to insert a / or ? Using other keystrokes?

4. Jamie-30 thread starter macrumors member

OK, really odd, turned mac on today and keyboard ? and / is working absolutely fine. It tried reboots yesterday with no avail.

So as Brickbook Pro said they seem to have problems.

Oh well it's sorted now :)

5. BrickbookPro macrumors regular

Mine's decided to behave for the past couple days as well... Here's to hoping it's permanent.