Apple wireless Keyboard on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by antiwindows, Dec 29, 2011.

1. antiwindows macrumors newbie

I tried to connect the Apple wireless keyboad that came with my iMac to my iPad and\or iPod. The keyboard does not connect to either device. Should the keyboard connect to the iPad?
    I'm suprised that it doesn't make connection.

2. Capt T macrumors 6502a

It should connect to the iPad. Did you turn on Bluetooth on the iPad (have to ask)?

3. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

It should. Make sure the keyboard isn't paired with your Mac when trying to pair it with your iPad/iPod touch (obviously with Bluetooth turned on). If all else fails, take out the batteries to your keyboard & put them back, and restart your iPad (hold the Sleep/Wake button for 5 seconds)

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

It should -- I've done it with the wireless keyboard that came with my iMac.

At what step do you run into a problem? Does the keyboard show up in the avaiable bluetooth devices list on the iPad/iPod? I remember having to hold down the power button on the keyboard quite a bit before it showed up.

5. antiwindows thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done all the above steps. It did show up briefly on the BT list (keyboard) then went away.
    I put in fresh batteries

I'll double check the Imac.

6. vartanarsen macrumors 6502a

bestest thing for the iPad

hi guys, my wife just got this for me for Valentines day:)) wooohoooo....you know, she saw me suffering day in and day out with the iPad virtual keyboard (missing letters when typing, etc), so she got this for me for V-day....
    I love it so much for the iPad...seriously guys, a monkey could set this up..just fire it up, make sure BT is on in iPad, and connects like in 2 seconds...nice job Apple.. I can seriously see taking out my laptop a lot less frequently now that I have this keyboard.....

now onto cases, the June one doesnt look half bad....