Apple Wireless Keyboard Problem: Keyboard Navigation

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Luis, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

I have one of the new apple wireless keyboards (the aluminum ones) which was working perfectly some days ago. However, recently the keyboard is acting strangely, since what I think I did, is that I activated keyboard navigation by mistake (I think it is this, because I can use the 7, 8, 9, u, o, j, k, l, keys to move the mouse and the i to click in the wireless keyboard). However, this is the only thing that the keyboard lets me do, and I find no way out of this behavior. In short, I can't get the keyboard out of the "keyboard navigation mode".

Any help appreciated.

Luis

2. IChing macrumors regular

I suggest you try removing it from the bluetooth profile and start again from a new profile.

I had to do that once with my new wireless keyboard.

3. Luis thread starter macrumors 65816

Luis

If by removing from the bluetooth profile you mean deleting them from the bluetooth preference pane, (if not please enlighten me!) I did that, and set up again the keyboard, it will tell me that the set up was successful, but then, the problem persists.

Any other ideas?

Edit: I know that the keyboard is fine, since I went to the iMac and set it up there, and it worked! So it has something to do with my computer.