Apple Wireless Keyboard + PS3

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by IgnatiusTheKing, Jan 10, 2008.

1. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Don't know if this has been posted before, but...

On a whim, I tried syncing up my new Al bluetooth keyboard with my PS3 and it worked like a charm. I really didn't expect it to, but it functions perfectly.

Just thought I'd put it out there in case anyone else was thinking about it.

2. md63 macrumors 6502

Thanks for the note. I have the same combination and was planning to try it. Have you tried the wireless mightly mouse with the PS3?

3. IgnatiusTheKing thread starter macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Not yet.

I haven't been using my wireless MM on my iMac because of the right-clicking issue (for some reason my wired MM never has the problem) so I need to get some batteries before I can try to pair it with the PS3. I'm pretty confident it will work, though.

4. MAW macrumors regular

Sorry to be so unknowledgable.........but does that mean you can use keyboard and mouse in gameplay?

5. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

wow thanks for the tip, I had boxed up my old white bluetooth KB and was going to ebay it but i will use it for the ps3 now :)

6. IgnatiusTheKing thread starter macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I would assume you could use them on some games. Right now all I have is NCAA 08 and Assassin's Creed, neither of which need them (and I prefer the controller, anyway).

So far, I've only used the keyboard to navigate the PS3's menus and the Internet (which looks pretty awesome on a 50" plasma).

7. slffl macrumors 65816

slffl

I could NOT get a wireless white apple keyboard or a wireless mighty mouse to work with my PS3.

Has anyone had luck with either?

8. Soundburst macrumors 6502a

I'm about to buy the Apple bluetooth keyboard for my PS3 (the silver keyboard at £49.99) It's pretty dear, but worth it as ?I can use it with my mac too.

I take it the wireless mouse works too?

How long do the batteries in the keyboard last?

9. IgnatiusTheKing thread starter macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

The batteries last forever.

10. heyp macrumors 6502

was anyone able to pair the apple wireless mouse with the ps3?

11. eddiez024 macrumors newbie

Help

That is just what I want to do. I have been trying to synk it but my PS3 is not finding it. Could you please tell me how to do it?

Thank You.

12. ghernagon macrumors newbie

ghernagon

PS3 and Apple Wireless Keyboard

Hello everyone, I finally found the solution for pair the Apple Wireless Keyboard to the PS3 system...

Once the PS3 generate de hash to be introduce in the keyboard for the pairing process you need to press the ENTER key after typing all the characters generated by PS3.. without pressing enter the PS3 never will recognize the pairing.

Cheers!

13. julianic81 macrumors newbie

apple wireless keyboard+ ps3

Ok I did connect my mouse and my wireless keyboard to my ps3 here what you need so you don't get the error that everybody get first you have to unpair or turn turn off your mac then add the bluetooth device in the ps3 in settings go to accessory settings, manage bluetooth devices. And choose register a new device scan will ask you type in the code on the keyboard after you put your code hit the return key on the keyboard and you be set for the mouse just pair without type in any code hope this help you sorry for my bad english im still learning....

14. blockburner28 macrumors 6502

blockburner28

Thx this just helped me out.