Apple Wireless Keyboard reset?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zoly, Jan 23, 2018.

1. zoly macrumors newbie

zoly

Hi!
    Given the titled keyboard, model number A1314 (MC184MG/A). Does anyone know how to reset? If I pressed the '8' key (even with Shift-key), the cursor moves up one line until the beginning of the line (with Shift-key the whole line will be selected, too). I have to keep in mind when I'm writing 2018, that will happen frequently this year A CMD + Z key combination restores everything to the original location of the cursor, but ... System: mac OS 10.13.3, but earlier versions did the same. I found this on the web:
    http://davemeehan.com/technology/how-to-reset-an-apple-wireless-bluetooth-keyboa rd-mouse-or-trackpad
    I've read everything, tried all the options, but the '8' key problem remains I've not yet tested on iOS, e.g. with an iPad, but I will.
    Any solution?

2. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

It sounds like the the behaviour of the Numlock key.

3. zoly thread starter macrumors newbie

zoly

Yes, you're right and another weird situation: I can not set any calendar time at 8 o'clock, because it behaves like an '8' key on numeric keypad, as you wrote. Any software reset somehow which guides the keyboard?
    Still looking for a solution.

4. chscag macrumors 68030

chscag

Replace the keyboard. You're probably not going to be able to reset it. New wireless keyboards can be had for less than $50 depending on the maker. Apple also now sells a rechargeable wireless keyboard.