Apple Wireless Keyboard - shipping?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by guitargoddsjm, Oct 30, 2009.

1. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

Hey, so I know most people didn't upgrade their keyboard to the updated version, but for people who ordered their first:

Does anyone have ANY idea why the date has been pushed back so much? When I ordered mine, the Apple store said it would ship in 5-7 days. Then it got pushed back to 7-10 days earlier this week. Now it says it will ship in two weeks! I called a few stores, and no one has any (or any idea why). At first it seemed like everything would ship when 10.6.2 came out, but they've already made Magic Mice available...

I got mine through Amazon (no tax, amazon prime = free 2 day shipping).

I was in the middle of reorganizing my desk layout; my MX Revolution already arrived, and I was planning on having the keyboard by today, but now I don't even know if I'll have it by next week...

I hate waiting for things to arrive!

2. iheartzombie macrumors member

iheartzombie

i wasn't aware that there was a newer version of the keyboard coming out.

i placed my order last night and my expected shipping is Nov. 13th
    which is odd, usually stuff ships out very fast with the other stuff i bought from the Apple store.

I ordered a Magic Mouse as well and that is shipping sooner.

3. guitargoddsjm thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, it wasn't a huge update; the new keyboards take 2 batteries instead of 3, and they're supposed to be more power-efficient.

4. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

If I were you guys I would just cancel my order and go to Best Buy and pick up one of the previous models. That's what I did.

5. guitargoddsjm thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I'm keeping my order, as I'd like to receive the newest model (plus it's cheaper).

BUT I did pick up the last 3-battery keyboard from Best Buy last night. I plan on returning it when I come home from Thanksgiving break.

6. iheartzombie macrumors member

iheartzombie

my UPS tracking says it's in transit since my last post. i should get it today (late afternoon) My Magic Mouse came in 2 days ago.

7. guitargoddsjm thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, they're shipping now that 10.6.2 came out

8. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

All of the iMacs now include wireless keyboards. That's causing a retail shortage. I checked the Apple store, the other Apple dealers in town, two Best Buys and two Future Shops and found a grand total of ONE wireless keyboard for sale.

9. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

I ordered mine from Apple on Wednesday and received it on Thursday. I just happened to be placing an order for a 24" Cinema Display and noticed the new KB's were available. I had it pre-ordered with Amazon and hadn't been checking, but canceled that order as soon as I placed the order with Apple.

10. guitargoddsjm thread starter macrumors 6502

I returned my last generation wireless keyboard to Best Buy over the weekend and got my new one from Amazon today.

Differences?
    • The keys are a little more textured than the previous generation
    • It feels a lot more responsive than before. I'm not sure if it was my specific keyboard before, but keystrokes didn't always register. This is more like my Macbook keyboard.
    • The caps light is a lighter shade of green.

Oh, the batteries were also pre-placed in the keyboard instead of inside an envelope. The battery cover is looser than before too.

11. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

mine came in last week. magic mouse (which i ordered on the same day) came in today.
    i've been using the wired aluminum keyboard since it came out. the BT version feels quite a bit different, but i'm slowly getting used to it.
    the magic mouse is much different compared to the mighty mouse or the 'wired' magic mouses in stores. it's almost 'too' light. going to take some time to get used to scrolling as well.

12. fortemd macrumors newbie

No Numeric Keypad

I love my new Apple wireless keyboard. I just wish it had a numeric keypad for heavy duty number crunching. I purchased the Interlink wireless keypad for just that purpose, but it would have been better to have one incorporated into the new wireless keyboard...:mad: