Apple wireless keyboard spongy feel

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by clarkjames, Jun 21, 2013.

1. clarkjames macrumors newbie

Hi, I just bought a brand new wireless keyboard, then took it back top the shop because I was offered a used one with a origami incase for my ipad for a really really low price

now i'm typing on it great, the keys are lovely, but they're nowhere near as responsive as the keys on my macbook pro retina, the travel is longer and the keys seem to wobble a bit. Did I just waste my money on a used keyboard or is the apple keyboard just a different feel to the macbook pro keyboard i'm comparing too.

Cosmetically this keyboard looks unused, but maybe extended typing has loosened up the keys, I will try to get to play with a new one at the apple store but just wondered if you guys thought I was being unreasonable.

2. IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

For me, the keyboards feel different. I have the 2012 15" rMBP. I like the retina keyboard more. It is a lot more fluid and responsive. The wireless keyboard, at least mine is, a lot firmer and requires a tad bit more effort to depress. That said, I've gotten use to the wireless. I use it almost exclusively as my retina is mounted on a stand 80% of the time.

3. clarkjames thread starter macrumors newbie

do you know if you get 14 days return period on peripherals? if so I might buy a new one and test it against the old one, then return it if there's no difference

4. IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

Apple's return policy is here. It appears the answer to your question is yes.

5. clarkjames thread starter macrumors newbie

great, thanks!

6. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Still get the same feeling with the new keyboard?