Apple Wireless Keyboard vs. Apple Wireless Pro Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Spiffy9, Aug 19, 2010.

?

Which used keyboard should I get?

1. Apple Wireless Pro Keyboard - White ($20)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Apple Wireless Keyboard - Aluminum ($40)

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. Spiffy9 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I was just wondering what all of your thoughts were regarding these two keyboards. I know I can't get the Wireless Pro new anymore, however I can get it used for $20 from someone I know.

The new aluminum one however, I can get for about $40 used or just buy a new one for $70. I'm looking to buy a used one so it's pretty much the Wireless Pro for $20 vs the Wireless Aluminum for $40.

This will be going towards a set-up with my MBP which will be on an mstand, with an external monitor. I've already gotten the Magic Mouse so I'm trying to find a nice Bluetooth keyboard to compliment it. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Get the wireless keyboard. It os a joy on which to type!

3. Poelser macrumors newbie

I'm in pretty much the same situation.

Are the Wireless Pro keys better for gaming? I will do more typing than gaming anyway but since the MBP keyboard already has the flat keys I considered buying the Wireless Pro for a more old-school feel. ;)

4. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

All that's good with the wireless pro are:

-If a battery leaks, you can still open the compartment
    -It has a numpad

I don't think the old Pro keyboards are any better at typing on, or using for games controls, the newer ones are much quieter to type on and feel nicer to use. I think at home, a quiet keyboard is better than a 'clackety' keyboard.

5. knux11 macrumors regular