Apple wireless keyboard vs Logitech Bluetooth keyboard

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ElDogman, Apr 24, 2012.

?

Which keyboard?

Poll closed May 24, 2012.
  1. Apple wireless keyboard

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Logitech Bluetooth keyboard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Neither

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

Decided to go with one of these instead of the folding ones
    But can't decide between these two.
    The apple keyboard is solid and lighter but expensive
    The Logitech comes with its own case and optimized for the iPad but heavier

If you support the apple, what case that's good but cheap you recommend besides a zip lock bag?

2. seajewel macrumors 6502

I haven't tried either but leaning towards apple wireless keyboard + Incase Origami Workstation!

3. Getitdone macrumors member

I have the Apple wireless keyboard - it is absolutely beautiful and works great for me. I also have the Incase Origami Workstation - love it.

4. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

I am contemplating purchasing an Apple wireless keyboard plus Incase Origami Workstation keyboard case vs. a Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard case for use with our iPads. My husband and I already have slim folio-type cases and I am thinking the Apple wireless keyboard would be more versatile. We don't need it much for travel purposes - it would mostly be used at home. I don't think I would want to use a keyboard case as a daily case for my iPad 3. Cost for each is about the same: around $100. Any thoughts on pros/cons of each setup?

5. ElDogman thread starter macrumors 6502

ElDogman

its been some time since I made this thread and the Logitech Bluetooth keyboard (the one that's the size of the apple keyboard not the thin one) has dropped down to $46 on Amazon.

There was one review that mentioned the ultrathin keyboard case as being light but prone to scratches and easy to disconnect accidentally from the ipad when carrying it.. and that the reviewer himself was holding out either for the Logitech solar powered keyboard and another one he referred to as the sneak peak. I couldn't find anything on google yet about this other new logitech keyboard.. perhaps he has insider information.

6. Scottyee macrumors regular

I own a Apple Bluetooth Wireless with Incase Origami Workstation,
    and just yesterday, purchased a Logitech Ultrathin keyboard as well.
    I initially thought the Apple keybard + Origami would remain my prefered choice, But once I got the Logitech Ultrathin (for $79 at my local Costco), I'm quickly changing my mind now prefering the Logitech Ultraslim for it's magnetic smart cover style compact and slim form factor, making for a much more compact space saving fit together in my iPad bag (10" Waterfield Muzetto). I was actually surprised to discover how easy (right away) it was to adapt to touch typing on it. Nice key feel and quick response. The only thing I'm waiting for is now is for the skin manufacterers to come out with a "back skin" to protect the Logitech's aluminum back, as like the iPad's aluminum back, it's highly prone to becoming scratched. In the meantime I'm using BlueLounge "Kicks" protective rubber strips for the iPad, to protect the bottom of the Ultrathin keyboard. :)

btw: I attempted to vote for the Logitech BT, but it says poll is now closed. :(

7. Meltdownblitz macrumors 6502a

That's cool. I'm gonna check my local costco as well. Thanks for the information.

8. gameboy213 macrumors 6502

gameboy213

I am digging the Logitech as well. I was using the Apple keyboard when I needed it with the Origami, but I am finding I prefer taking the Ultra Thin with me instead.

Only issue I have with typing is it takes a little to get used to it. I am not quite as fast either due to the size of the keyboard. However I would say the form factor evens things up.

9. Meltdownblitz macrumors 6502a

Do you find that the magnet is a little weak? As well as the back scratches easily, what do you use to protect it?

10. gameboy213 macrumors 6502

gameboy213

I don't find the magnet weak to be honest. I think you are talking about when it is closed that it might pop open but I haven't had that happen yet. I do see how it could but honestly it isn't an issue for me.

As of now I am not worrying about protecting the back. It is plastic and not aluminum so it will for sure scratch, but mine hasn't yet. For the price it is I am not surprised that they went a little cheap on the materials. It is cheap enough that if it gets that scratched up I could get another one, but I don't think that it will. If you are concerned I would just through a cheap skin on it. I have one somewhere that I have not used yet so maybe I will put that on it.

11. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Umm...what about just letting the back scratch?

It's like my friend point out that my iphone casing has scratches on the surface. What are you using to protect it? That's the whole point - your keyboard case cover tarnishes so your ipad doesn't. :eek:

12. Meltdownblitz macrumors 6502a

I suppose but some of us are OCD and care about our products and protecting them. As well i'd like to maintain the look and feel of it. So I'm looking for a skin for the back, someone mentioned I icarbon has one out.