Apple Wireless Keyboard won't pair

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by redundantsilent, Jul 31, 2008.

1. redundantsilent macrumors newbie

I cannot get my Apple wireless keyboard to pair with my computer. The keyboard is the new wireless aluminum model. My computer is a G4 Power Mac with Tiger (I have a bluetooth adapter for it). The computer recognizes the keyboard and shows the screen where you enter the pin. I enter the pin and it doesn't do anything. The computer keeps waiting for the pin to get entered.

I don't know how to fix this. I have installed the new keyboard update. I even used the same bluetooth adapter and keyboard on my other computer that has tiger and it worked just fine. Does anyone know what the problem is?

2. redundantsilent thread starter macrumors newbie

i got it to work once, but then it stopped...

3. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

Did you enter the pin and pressed 'return' after. I know I didn't read the instructions the first time I did it and couldn't get it to work. Then I read the instructions and pressed return and it has been working flawlessly ever since.

4. redundantsilent thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I enter in the pin and press the return key and it doesn't do anything.

I'm pretty sure that I am doing it right because I did the same exact thing on my mini and it worked on the first try. (with the same bluetooth adapter)

Is there something that I'm missing?

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

The only logical explanation would be the computer, since the bluetooth adapter is fine..