Apple Wireless Keyboard

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zord, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Zord macrumors 6502

Zord

I have a few questions about the Wireless Keyboard that Apple manufactures. . .

I have just gotten an iPhone 4 and i'm thinking of picking one of these up for emailing, taking notes, forum browsing etc.

Just seeing if anyone has any personal experience with using one of these with an iPhone.

How is the feel, response, durability? . . . .

Thanks!

2. hondje macrumors member

yeah, I was on here several months ago asking about this. This is a hard topic to find any info!

I have the BT Apple Keyboard. I connected it with my phone. Worked perfectly. I have envisioned using it for class taking notes, but I have ended up just doing handwritten notes. Nevertheless, I still got everything I need just in case. You definitely need a dock of some sort to stand it up. I found a Griffin stand ($10 @ Walmart) for the phone that holds it vertically and horizontally. For typing, the keyboard was great. It was weird to then have to reach and touch the screen to click though. But all in all it was a real pleasure. I actually didn't think that the phone's screen was too small. For traveling light, I really think this is the best solution. Good luck. I'm sure you will be pleased.

3. Project-79 macrumors 6502

Project-79

I’ve never used the Apple Wireless Keyboard on my iPhone, but I can tell you that the Apple keyboard is simply the best keyboard I’ve ever used. I don’t think I could ever go back to anything else.

As for durability, the keyboard has taken an amazing amount of abuse and it stills works perfectly. I’ve spilled some food on it, spilled a drink on it and even dropped it! Just yesterday, I clean it with a wet towel, and it looks exactly as it did out of the box two years ago.

I don’t have a single problem yet with it! (Here’s hoping it stays that way! :D)

4. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

I also can attest it works great. Very easy to connect and the keyboard itself rocks.

5. crm114 macrumors member

:) im using it right now with my brand new iphone 4

the best part is the tab functionality and the arrow keys - makes typing so much faster. i really like virtual keyboards, but this is handy in a lot of cases especially like now when i want to type quickly and be able to make corrections easily. Pair the devices was a little tricky for me cause i had the keyboard paired to me Macpro - but i just disconnected it and then shut down the mac. it took few seconds to find the keyboard - but its awesome. i actually built a laptop like stand for it with the keyboard in a tray and the phone directly above it. still looking for a real option. to anybody interested - this is fun and efficient.

6. Zord thread starter macrumors 6502

Zord

Thanks for the Comments guys!

I'm definitely gonna pick one of these up. . . It will be great to have once i get an iPad too! :)