Apple Wireless Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ryNze, Aug 29, 2011.

1. ryNze macrumors newbie

I am contemplating purchasing the Apple Wireless keyboard for my macbook air desktop set up.

I am currently using a Razer Blackwidow and find that it takes up too much space on my desk and having recently switched to mac, there are way to many wires which I am trying to get rid of :p I like the feel of it though(it is mechanical)

To those who have the Apple Wireless Keyboard - How is it? Would you recommend it? Anything bad I should know about?

And, if possible, if anyone has used this along with a mechanical keyboard, what are your opinions?

Cheers

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The Apple Wireless Keyboard is the best keyboard I've ever used. 4-6 months battery life (using it 14+ hours/day, 7 days/week), small footprint, comfortable (for me). YMMV

3. Toonbay macrumors 6502

Toonbay

Whitley Bay, North East UK (God's Country)
    second that fantastic keyboard, you won't regret it!!

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

I have the Apple wired keyboard along with the Black Widow that I use for my Windows PC. I must say that for typing (chatting, surfing, email, etc.) I prefer the Apple keyboard. Try it out at a local store if you can, but I'm certain you'll like it.

5. jpl6 macrumors member

I used to use a pretty good wireless (via USB receiver) Logitech keyboard, but decided to switch to the Apple Wireless keyboard. One less USB thing to plug-in, easy pairing, and more synchronized keyboard set-up to my laptop's keyboard.

I think the easiest way to decide is to go to a store - Apple, Best Buy, Frys, etc. - and try out the wireless keyboard. It's definitely a lot more convenient in terms of the space it takes up on your desk. However, not everyone will like the way it types (ie. feel of keyboard keys/pressing down of keys).

6. ryNze thread starter macrumors newbie

Just out of curiosity, is it extremely similar to the keyboards in the macbook air?

7. Los macrumors regular

I recently bought a Mac Mini Server and needed a good keyboard since my old wireless one had keys coming off of it and it used up a usb port which I really needed. I blind bought the keyboard and just bought it since I knew it would work perfectly with the Mac Mini and also because it was bluetooth enabled.

I do not regret the purchase at all. For $69.99 it seems pretty steep for a keyboard, but this is a mighty fine keyboard. It's very compact compared to my other one, but the keys are bigger on it and they feel much better than any other keyboard I've typed with in my life.

And the battery life is amazing, I've been using it for at least 3 days straight, and it's still at 100%.

8. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Yes, though compared to the newest backlit MBA keyboard, the key travel is a little longer.