Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
I have heard and only from one person who has a G5 iMac, that the Apple Wireless keyboard doesn't conserve power/go into a sleep mode and so drains batteries fast. He actually turns his keyboard on and off all the time to save the batteries. I know that most Bluetooth mice including the Mighty Mouse conserve power by going to sleep.

Does anyone have any experience good or bad with the Apple Wireless keyboard from a power standpoint?

Would you recommend it?

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
I had a apple wireless keyboard, and i never had a problem with the battery. It last a long time over a school year for me w/o turning off the power except on long weekend when i went home...

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
The keyboard has an amazing battery on it, I loved that aspect of it. The problem I personally have with it is that I find the keyboard too long, specifically the full length keyboard aspect that includes numbers on the right is way too long; I wish they made a smaller version. Also, I have found the keys to be somewhat difficult to use and a bit unpleasant. I would love to see a redesign of the keyboard and some updates to this input device, esepeccialy a smaller version.

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
I have the wireless keyboard and mightymouse. I like the keyboard just fine. I don't know how you can say it's too big; it has the smallest footprint of any keyboard I own or use. One thing about having the wireless keyboard/mouse that I don't like is using it in windows. When I boot into windows I have to plug in a usb mouse in order to get to the control panel and pair up the devices. I wish windows would just remember them like OS X does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.